This is cool little SEO trick:
- Download the Yoast SEO tool
- Then go to one of you post Categories
- Click to edit the Category of your choice
- You can then add a description for the category
- Plus you can edit the Title in Yoast too.
A category is treated like a page, it gets its own ranking in search engines. And, you will often see category pages getting a bunch of traffic to the site.
So don’t miss out on placing a description on each of your blog’s categories.
And by the way, you can do the exact same thing with product categories on your store (if you have WooCommerce installed for example).
If you need SEO help for your website and which to increase the number of visits you get from the popular search engines, please let me know.